Sunday 27 June 2010

Day Four - A Last Wander About

Another long lie-in, then breakfast around the corner. Went to Mass in the Catedral del Buen Pastor and found that it was being celebrated in Euskadi - the language of the Basques. Then took a wee walk to find out exactly where the Eskotren Station is. I will be travelling tomorrow by this small train to Hendaye, FRANCE!!!, (remember the accent Anne!!). Don't want any hold ups so I'll check the timetable too.




Whilst walking back, I came across some auld guys playing pelota up a side street. Stood and watched for a little while, but my presence was obviously affecting their concentration so I passed on.



Then decided to walk along the Zarriola Beach on the other side of Monte Urgull came back around the headland itself before climbing up Monte Urgull and having a wee look around the castle and the statue of the Big Yin overlooking Donostia. It was getting quite humid and the sky was becoming cloudy and overcast. But it never came to much and was soon brightening again.


By the time I returned to the town it was time for some tapas in Casa Alcade - which I have decided is the best if not the cheapest tapas bar in town. The ones around the Pension Urkia are the cheapest - especially the Rojo Y Negro.


Returned to the Hotel Urkia and paid my bill much to the Senora's delight. Told her as best I could that it was a great wee place to stay, and so it was too!

Had a wee siesta before going out for my last wee tapas session and an early night.


Paid a visit to the harbour area and had a meal in one of the restaurants there. Had some clams done in wine and herbs. It was a bit overpriced like lots in Donostia. Stopped off in a tapas bar on my way back to the hotel and an early night with a long journey tomorrow to look forward to. If you care to view my other photies, click on My Gallery and then the slideshow icon. Follow further rest and recreation in Champagne Mouton.

Bye!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment